Our volunteers are there for young people when they feel they have nowhere else to turn.
As a Get Connected Helpline Volunteer, you'll support vulnerable young people, and connect them to vital further help. You could be the missing link between a vulnerable young person and the help they need, whether that's an advice service, support group or sometimes even a bed for the night.
Our volunteering community is based in central London and helps young people in need via phone, SMS text, email and webchat. Your shifts can be flexible each week around your other commitments, full training and support is provided and we provide a social community for our volunteers.
We are currently processing applications for anyone available during the day or early evenings Monday - Friday, and anyone available on weekends. Our helpline is open from 1pm-11pm.
The shortlist for our training course in September 2014 is now closed. If you would like to be considered for our next training course, in January 2015, please submit your application by Monday 17th November at 12pm.
It's really easy to get started:
- Check out our volunteer pack
- Complete our online application form.
- If you are shortlisted we'll get in touch with you to arrange a ten minute phone interview between 27th November - 5th December.
- If your phone interview goes well, you will be invited to an introduction evening (7-10pm) in December.
- Successful applicants will be invited onto our training course, which takes place over some evenings and weekends.