Our volunteers are there for young people when they feel they have nowhere else to turn.
As a Get Connected Helpline Volunteer, you'll support vulnerable young people, and connect them to vital further help. You could be the missing link between a vulnerable young person and the help they need, whether that's an advice service, support group or sometimes even a bed for the night. Our helpline is open from 1pm-11pm.
Our volunteering community is mostly based in Central London and helps young people in need via phone, SMS text, email and webchat. Your shifts can be flexible each week around your other commitments, full training and support is provided and we provide a social community for our volunteers.
We are also broadening our volunteering community so you don’t have to be based in London to volunteer on the helpline. We are simply looking for people who can volunteer for at least three hours a week from their own home.
Our remote volunteers are digital connectors - they will support young people through our live web chat and SMS services. We provide full training and support during remote volunteering shifts as well as a social community for our volunteers.
Interested in volunteering at our Help Centre? Check out the On-Site Volunteering Information Pack
Interested in volunteering at home? Check out our Remote Volunteering Information pack
After we've received your application, if you are shortlisted we'll get in touch with you to arrange a ten minute phone interview.
For on-site volunteers:
- If your phone interview goes well, you will be invited to an introduction evening. Remote Volunteers - please note for initial recruitment you will need to travel to London for this event.
- Successful applicants will be invited onto one of our training courses - either online or in person, depending on the opportunity you are applying for.
- For remote volunteers, a set-up call will be arranged to make sure you have everything you need - please allow an hour for these checks.
Our next training courses for on-site volunteers will take place from:
- Thursday 5th March - Wednesday 1st April
- Wednesday 6th May - Wednesday 3rd June
Please note that training sessions take place in the evenings and on Saturdays. To be considered for a particular training course please ensure you complete your application form at least a month beforehand.
For more information on training for our Digital Connectors programme please click here.
Please note we can only accept applications from volunteers based in the UK.