Our volunteers are there for young people when they feel they have nowhere else to turn.
As a Get Connected Helpline Volunteer, you'll support vulnerable young people, and connect them to vital further help. You could be the missing link between a vulnerable young person and the help they need, whether that's an advice service, support group or sometimes even a bed for the night.
Our volunteering community is based in central London and helps young people in need via phone, SMS text, email and webchat. Your shifts can be flexible each week around your other commitments, full training and support is provided and we provide a social community for our volunteers.
We are currently processing applications for anyone available during the day or early evenings Monday - Friday, and anyone available on weekends. Our helpline is open from 1pm-11pm.
The application for our training course in January 2015 is now closed.
In 2015 we expect to be be running On-site Helpline Volunteer training courses in March, May, July, September and November.
In order to be considered for a particular training course please ensure you complete your application form at least a month beforehand.
It's really easy to get started:
- Check out our volunteer pack
- Complete our online application form.
- If you are shortlisted we'll get in touch with you to arrange a ten minute phone interview.
- If your phone interview goes well, you will be invited to an introduction evening.
- Successful applicants will be invited onto our training course, which takes place over some evenings and weekends.